Start your career the right way
We believe an apprenticeship is the best way to start your career as a stylist. Our program is 6 months to a year in length during which you will receive one on one instruction with our senior stylists to prepare you to take guests as new artist on the Zinke floor. While assisting, you will also attend our weekly in-house education. We are honored and proud to have our education program named a top education program in the country by Salon Today Magazine. As an assistant you will learn all forms of hair styling and how to efficiently operate in the day to day of the salon world. This busy time in your career will prepare you to handle what’s next.
What we look for in an assistant:
- Team Oriented – You want to be part of a team of extraordinary people. You desire to grow, to learn from those around you and to help those who can learn from you.
- Likability – You have a positive outlook on life. You genuinely want to make a positive influence on people around you. You make people laugh or aren’t afraid to laugh at yourself!
- Coachable – You aren’t afraid to take constructive criticism. You look at ongoing education as a bonus, not a burden. You strive to make your life better in every aspect and desire to learn from those around you.
- Character – You’ve demonstrated integrity over the course of your life in your words, your relationships and your actions.
What you will do:
- Assist senior stylists 4 days a week with shampoos, blowdrying and more
- Give extraordinary customer service
- Come to work with a great attitude each day
- Attend weekly in house education on Tuesdays
- Champion the Zinke and Aveda Mission
- Assist in keeping the salon clean
- Follow company protocols and guidelines each day
What success looks like:
- You are making a difference in the experience of each guest you touch
- You are on top of bringing models to education day and completing quotas
- Your help keeps the salon clean and the stylists on time
- Your skills are constantly improving / evolving
- You are licensed
- Flexible schedule
If this describes you, then let’s start the journey to see if Zinke Hair Studio is the place for your career to find it’s full potential.