With each new year we all reflect upon the last and how we can make improvements going forward. Having a salon in Boulder, we are surrounded every day by a community that cares for the environment and tries to be “Green.” When grocery shopping in Boulder, you are usually the minority if you do not bring your own bags. I have been this minority more times that not in the last year as I just kept forgetting to put my reusable bags in my car. A resolution of mine this year was to always have my bags when I go for a shop. This got me to thinking that there is so much more that I can do to be more GREEN. Below is a list of what I thought were 10 easy ways to be more green in your daily life. I hope many of you can incorporate this list into your daily routine this year! I know I am going to really try!
1. Be cautious of water use…turn off the water while brushing your teeth
2. Bring your own reusable travel cup for water or coffee
3. Change all of your bills to electronic
4. Rinse out your recyclables to guarantee that the recycling company will take them
5. Shut down your computer, instead of putting it on sleep mode.
6. Buy local
7. Reduce use of harmful chemicals
8. Buy Recycled products
9. Grab a microfiber cloth instead of paper towels.